Love, Spilling.

Technical:  f/4.5, 1/30 sec.

Love, Spilling

17 thoughts on “Love, Spilling.

Super!

(You have GOT to be satisfied with this).

-M.

2. Kevin Ng says:

I’m going to play devil’s advocate – given the size of the file you have uploaded it is virtually impossible to “pixel peep” and while I would agree that the emotion of the picture is clear – if it was not known that this shot was taken with film, it’s my conjecture that many would find issue with the green tinge in this picture and then a debate could be had about the quality of the sensor – am I wrong?? What do you (the royal you) think??

3. joceaphoto says:

I’m very surprised about how you see colours with this setup (on the gentle side) compared to your previous Leica M perception.

I can see greenish colours and a lot of saturation. New gear or new film = new frustrations. I still think that there will always need a bit of post with any system. These colours are not perfect.

Leica M rules this setup, sorry!

All the best.

JOCE

4. karen says:

Very tender image.

5. bijansabet says:

Wonderful photograph

I love the composition and the different focuses of R and G. The background angles of the former really do emphasize the latter. I’ll second Karen’s description of tender and add touching.

7. David says:

A beautiful photograph. I hope the cut on the hand looks worse than it is.

I like the cinematic colouring. Nicely sharp for 1/30th and a large camera too.

• He’s fine, than you for your concern!

Sharp at 1/30 it is indeed. The Mamiya 7II has the quietest and most vibration-free shutter I’ve ever used, so it’s possible to achieve this with some consistency, though of course a faster shutter speed will increase the quality of the results.