Yes, that’s right, I’m running a contest.
(it’s summer and I’m happy)
I’m giving away 50 rolls of 35mm Kodak Tri-X 400 B&W film (36 frames/roll) to the person who can show me – in a single image – why he/she loves film.
This of course is open to wide interpretation. In essence, I’m looking for an image that emotionally moves me, because you were inspired by the medium (as well as the subject matter) when you created it.
- Submissions may be made only after you contact me first via the contact form below (Reason: I don’t want to get spammed by publishing my email address).
- Each submitted image must be web-sized – approx (800 – 1100) x (500 – 750) pixels.
- The image must have been created by you (it doesn’t matter when – no time restriction).
- The image should be shot using film (B&W or colour).
Now, you may have noticed that in the contest image above (taken on my driveway this morning ;)) there are ten rolls to a pack, and there are ten packs, so that should equal 100 rolls of film. However, 50 of them will automatically be given to my friend Mark Ewanchuk — just for being a good guy :).
The fine print.
- I will have permission to post the winning image on Prosophos.com, but you will get full credit and maintain 100% ownership of your image.
- The deadline for submissions is at midnight (Toronto time) on September 5, 2013.
- Only one submission per contestant.
- I will be the judge, and my decision is final.
- Offensive images will be disqualified. What’s offensive? I will decide.
How to collect your prize.
I’ll send it to you via post mail, anywhere in the world. Or, if you can make your way down to Toronto, I’ll hand-deliver it to you and buy you a cup of coffee 🙂
Let me know if there are any questions, otherwise, let the games begin!
Contact me for permission to send an image: