Guest Post: Luiz Paulo.

Editor’s Note:  I have a great affinity for Luiz‘s work.  He skillfully captures his Muse — his daughter — in the midst of what I like to call Life’s Little Moments, and he does it with great sensitivity.  Luiz is a true artist and I feel privileged to present his work here today.

Luiz Paulo writes:

“May I collaborate with your blog and your “little” and precious community (I guess not so little as you’ve stated).

During my brief and so wanted moments that I can spend with my daughter (as you know she doesn’t live with me) I try to capture what I see and feel. Sometimes I’m lucky enough to the get one moment, a record, that will left into my hearth.

In the last few months I could take some photos that, just by chance, can somehow be as part of a series:

Lines and frames. Not a really novelty. But it just what is… Lines and frames…

Hope you enjoy them!

“Looking at Me 1”:

05-looking-at-me-1

“Looking at Me 2”:

06-looking-at-me-2

“Jump”:

07-jump

Thank you Luiz, for allowing me to share these images on Prosophos.com.

More of Luiz’s work may be viewed here.

Please also re-visit Luiz’s previous work on this site.

17 thoughts on “Guest Post: Luiz Paulo.

1. Hilmar says:

Wow, these pictures are really touching.

2. careca2013 says:

Lovely pictures Luiz !

3. Michael Sin says:

Very lovely images of your daughter, Luiz! Nicely created, capturing the emotion at that very moment. She is gorgeous!
    Michael.

4. Jason Timmis says:

Hola Luiz,
    Your beautiful images (of your equally beautiful daughter) are proof that when you photograph with the heart you can never go wrong.

I am again envious of that great South American light….no need to worry about ‘high ISO’ in your back yard! 🙂

Thank you Luiz & Peter.

• Luiz Paulo says:

Hi Jason. In Brazil the light is interesting however usualy too harsh for my taste, however it’s true that’s I do not to worry so much about high ISOs. 🙂

Gorgeous, thoughtful, emotional stuff, Luiz!

Taken with the MM I presume?

Congratulations on the work we all aspire to!

Best regards,
    M.

• Luiz Paulo says:

Thank you Mark.

I used the MM for 3 of them: no “name 2”; and both 1 and 2 “looking at me”. At the end I no longer have the MM…

6. Alex says:

The “Looking at me” duo is very special Luiz! Thank you for sharing!

7. Hugues says:

Hello dear Luis,

I’m a big fan of your work!
    I tell you with great sincerity: a great and beautiful exhibition is a must!
    With our friend Peter, and for some time now … Mark, you impose compliance with this photograph very refined, full of strength and poetry too!
    On the other hand, who? better than You … you can give so much emotion with so much love that you give and receive at the same time with your children!
    I am in awe as much art and passion!

Again, Luiz, I say bravo for this beautiful book and for your beautiful “model”!

Hoping that everything goes well on your side!

Good luck!

Hugues.

PS: I take this opportunity to make a big hello to Peter and to Mark!

8. Luiz Paulo says:

Thank you all gentleman for so kind words!… My special tanks to Peter — I do believe our work is very close in many ways. 🙂

These pull, Luiz, from the strings of the heart a soft, beautiful and sometimes wistful tune. Lovely.

10. andygemmella says:

Wonderful…just wonderful Luiz. So much love in these images….

Very inspiring.

11. Jose Salcedo says:

Lovely, lovely photographs, Luiz! They capture such precious emotions, how wonderful! Thank you for introducing Luiz, Peter!

• Luiz Paulo says:

Obrigado Jose! Desculpe só ter notado seu comentário hoje, tanto tempo depois… mas palavras de um grande fotógrafo como você sempre devem ser agradecidas, ainda que tardiamente…

Grande abraço,