Boy.

Boy

17 thoughts on “Boy.

I would like to think (but know it can never be so) that anyone with eyes can see that this portrait of your son is also a portrait of light and geometry. And if they’ve been paying attention, that it is not just a moment in your family’s days, but one in a long history of making art with a mechanic device and chemical process, by timing and placement, by what is left in and what is left out, proof yet again that a great photograph does not reproduce nature, but interprets it.

Do me a favor, my friend, please please please keep this M3… 🙂

2. henry says:

just a beautiful portrait, Peter. i agree with greg above and would suggest that mr. critical you quoted recently in emails received who thinks you just show family snaps would do well to look at this and wonder what is missing from is photographic sensitivity and knowledge. if he is capable of wondering at all. love your transition back to film. you inspire me to do the same.

This looks great Peter!

-M.

4. Luiz Paulo says:

Boy… this is gorgeous!

• Thank you dear Luiz. You are commenting on a film shot? Maybe “M” deserves to be photographed with it… 😉

• Luiz Paulo says:

Thanks for your reply Peter! I guess she does deserve but there’s no support in my country for film shooting… Regarding my comment the beauty of the image is everything — mainly the composition and expression and certainly the film look also. 🙂

5. This is easily one of your best ever portraits. That’s all I have to say about that. 🙂

I find it strange that so many photo scanners accentuate grain so much. I like grain, but I don’t see the point in exaggerating it.

6. Antonio Russell says:

Nice one. I am using the 8100. The Plusteks are OK (no autofocus though..) but nothing beats printing your own work in the darkroom. You can see some of my pictures to Flickr..https://www.flickr.com/photos/25784885@N03/