“All your base are belong to us.”

CMOS wins.

17 thoughts on ““All your base are belong to us.”

1. karen says:

Ok, I’ll nibble…..I don’t understand the post. May I buy a vowel?

2. I do not catch it either 😉. I have the excuse of not being anglo phone… 😎

3. If this is a geopolitical comment, I think I know what it might refer to. If not: pull yourself together, man! 😛

4. winedemonium says:

For great justice!

5. The full English (mis)translation:

In A.D. 2101
    War was beginning.
    Captain: What happen ?
    Mechanic: Somebody set up us the bomb.
    Operator: We get signal.
    Captain: What !
    Operator: Main screen turn on.
    Captain: It’s You !!
    Cats: How are you gentlemen !!
    Cats: All your base are belong to us.
    Cats: You are on the way to destruction.
    Captain: What you say !!
    Cats: You have no chance to survive make your time.
    Cats: HA HA HA HA ….
    Captain: Take off every ‘zig’ !!
    Captain: You know what you doing.
    Captain: Move ‘zig’.
    Captain: For great justice.

• From The Urban Dictionary:
      (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=all+your+base+are+belong+to+us )

“A declaration of victory or superiority. The phrase stems from a 1991 adaptation of Toaplan’s “Zero Wing” shoot-’em-up arcade game for the Sega Genesis game console. A brief introduction was added to the opening screen, and it has what many consider to be the worst Japanese-to-English translation in video game history. The introduction shows the bridge of a starship in chaos as a Borg-like figure named CATS materializes and says, “How are you gentlemen!! All your base are belong to us.” sic In 2001, this amusing mistranslation spread virally through the internet, bringing with it a slew of JPEGs and a movie of hacked photographs, each showing a street sign, store front, package label, etc. hacked to read “All your base are belong to us” or one of the other many supremely dopey lines from the game.”

CMOS has won.

6. David says:

What Happen?

Not won, it just has the bases controls to them.

Thanks for explaining. I truly am an old fuddy-duddy. I never heard of any of that. Perhaps because Seven-of Nine wasn’t in it?
    Sega? is that akin to a seque? So, what now, Pussycat? (Sorry I suspect that”s also a bad translation … English to English.) 🙂

8. Laurent says:

If I’m reading this right, it seems that you’re finally convinced by the CMOS M body. So, you’re throwing the towel. You’re giving up. I feel abandoned… The shepherd has left its flock to explore greener pastures…

All joking aside, I hope you’ll have a great time with your new camera (and also that you’ll keep it a bit longer 🙂 )

• I never had an issue with the M240 body (well, other than the fact that it became heavier and slightly more bloated), it was the sensor I couldn’t stand.

I still don’t like the sensor. The M9 CCD helps me paint with a fine brush, the M240 CMOS is like using unsharpened crayons.

9. Jeff Heene says:

It seems, unfortunately, that the world is generally satisfied with unsharpened crayons. At least until all the fine brushes are no longer available. Then the world gets nostalgic for “what used to be”.