Test Shot 1.

I messed up.

What can I say?… it’s a new camera, new lens, new medium.  Literally the first test shot.

Any guesses as to what I’m using?

(The image borders provide a strong hint about the identify of the medium.)

Test Shot 1

18 thoughts on “Test Shot 1.

MMMM…for medium format…..FFFF…for film…….Ummmm either Hasselblad in 6x 6…but I’m thinking it’s a 6×7 or 645 in portrait if you look closely . Given the Mamiya 6×7 is a rangefinder (I’m eyeing one off now) my guess is that camera……..!

• Very brave of you to be the first to guess Andrew! Three elements in your guess are correct, which is amazing.

However, what if I told you this was shot at f/2.8?

• andygemmell says:

Well it’s not a Mamiya 7 as the lenses are not that fast.

So I’ll go with the 645 or 6×7 of some form…….pretty hard to pick the brand when it comes to film!!

Though the “beast” comment has me thinking large format :-0…..surely not!

2. careca2013 says:

What about Plaubel Makina with a Nikon 80 2.8 ?!

3. jgeenen says:

Beast? Probably a sheet film holder attached to a Mamiya RB?

4. jgeenen says:

Are you using a sheet film holder on a Hasselblad? If yes it could be the Planar wide open.

• You’re getting warmer with one of your guesses… 🙂

• And yes, all of you know this is not digital, but all of you have ignored my hint about the medium in the intro above.

• jgeenen says:

Struggled with my new Android’s login to wordpress. 🙂 I’ll stick to that sheet film holder (you haven’t pulled out the light door completely and the result looks a little bit underdeveloped which happened to me as well when trying sheet film in a tray first). My initial guess was the Rolleiflex 2.8f sheet holder which I have seen on a display only but I can’t recall that corners. But what’s about a cute Mamiya 330?

5. Luiz Paulo says:

I’d guess Rolleiflex only because your “clue” few weeks ago…

6. Hugues says:

Perhaps this is “a large format, with flat film” …
    Google can not translate correctly …..
    You need to use a tripod absolutely, because if it is a “room” … however, when it comes to a portrait or photograph a beautiful landscape, I think what you used there, and simply unbeatable …

I can not wait to see what you’ll get us “lay” with this beast ….

Warm regards.

Hugues.

7. Andrew says:

6×9 is the format …

8. At least one of of you is correct, and many of you were close! I can’t believe how quickly you arrived at the correct answer. I wouldn’t have been able to do it. The answer will be revealed in the next post.

9. Matteo says: