My new Monochrom is coming.

Leica M Monochrom

My Leica dealer informs me that the replacement for my defective Monochrom is on its way.

It looks like the waiting time for these unique cameras has decreased.

Hopefully this one will be okay.

24 thoughts on “My new Monochrom is coming.

1. Awesome Peter! Looking forward to your work with this new tool!

2. jason howe says:

Well that’s great news, I’m really pleased you decided to stick with the MM.

3. Kevin Ng says:

Really glad to hear you decided to stick with the MM Peter – you won’t regret it and I look forward to seeing the pics.

4. Andrew says:

Certainly looking forward to seeing the results!

Also curious to see how the decision making process unfolds for you Peter, given the colour images you present (i.e. how much you may be drawn to the MM over the M9?).

• Prosophos says:

I’ll see. Part of the attraction will be having a camera I can use indoors in low light… like during most of the winter months here in good old Canada. The winter is the time I’m least productive with my photography… maybe that will change with the Monochrom. Maybe I’ll find other uses. It’s an intriguing camera, so who knows?

5. Jeroen says:

Exciting! Can’t wait to see the first result!

New project;)?!

• Prosophos says:

Thanks Jeroen… the “project” I’m referring to in response to Jason’s question above is his “Featured Photographer” piece on this website, coming tomorrow.

6. Guy Platt says:

I wonder if the wait time was reduced due to the M coming out? It seems to me that folks are very happy with the B&W conversions and they also have the improved ISO performance.

I can understand you wanting the CCD sensor. Additionally there is something nice about have a speciality camera matched with a favorite lens for b&w and then the same for colour.

7. Perfectible says:

Cher Peter,

hoping that it perfectly fontionne! I am sure!
    History that you can test the beast, and you to get your own opignon …
    I think you will not be disappointed! In contrast, the processing of the file is a little different from the one with the M9 …
    You will see this in use, but I find the files in MM fabulous …

Congratulations Peter!

Good Sunday to you and your whole family!

Hugues.

• Prosophos says:

Mon cher Hugues,

In the brief 24hr period I had the first Monochrom, I realized that all of the previous reports were true: the processing has to be done differently from the M9. In fact, my quick impression is that LESS processing is required, overall.

8. Dennis says:

I hope to get MM if I can. It’s going to a long wait for me. I look forward to your work with MM.

9. Ib Mathiasen says:

I am excited to see what you can get out of MM.
    Compared to the M9, I think the biggest difference is in the way I take pictures, focus is more on light and motive.
    I thought otherwise the files are fantastic to work with.

• Prosophos says:

Thank you Ib. When I had my M8, I shot mostly B&W, but with the M9 it’s mostly colour. I’m not sure if that’s a function of my changing habits as a photographer, or the different camera characteristics of each “M”.

10. Jonathan says:

Hi Peter, as mentioned before, love yr images from yr M9 as they are so rich and have deep deep colour (apart from being great photos!) I’ll be interested to see if you can keep this ‘richness’ with yr new MM. Thanks again for your site. JH

• Prosophos says:

I have my doubts, but I’m willing to try my best. Colour has been an important part of my life for the last three years, so I’m somewhat apprehensive, but I’m optimistic too.

11. bubuli says:

does this mean you got rid of (or getting rid of) your M9?

• Prosophos says:

Never!

However, I did sell my Noctilux 0.95, 75mm ‘cron, 135mm APO, and 21mm Super Elmar. Yes, I broke the cardinal rule of selling lenses to get a depreciating digital camera…