M8… CCD Lives!

10 years later.

M8… CCD Lives!

7 thoughts on “M8… CCD Lives!

1. karen says:

Where are we headed here?

2. A.Hackauf says:

Peter, I honestly hope this is not another lie or a trick! 😉

If I can trust my eyes and your words: welcome back to CCD. 🙂

When I saw your latest images my thoughts were: film really rules and has a special grace, organic “transitions” etc…CMOS and especially the Nikon D 810 is a powerful tool and with all the possibilities with tele and AF in sports( your children) its authority/right…as often mentioned, the procedure with film( sorry dear purists!) is for me too inconvenient and the somehow realistic-down-to-earth-look( sorry dear CMOS-lovers!) of the CMOS-sensor sometimes “frightens” me and this is “my happy medium”: I still love the unique( and I know a little “handicaped”- ISO etc.) look of CCD of the M8 and M9 ..long live rock´n ccd! Sir Peter, welcome back to the home of magic ( blink my eyes) and we are looking forward what this M8 will create in your hands and our hearts. 🙂

My friend Peter, thank you for this good news- you made my/our day. Period!
    Andreas

3. Åke Carlsson says:

Yeas it does and kicking too!

4. G.A. says:

Maybe one day Leica will realize they made a good camera. Then the prodigal son will be at home again.

5. Hank says:

What, no M9?!? 😉

6. Ian says:

The M8 is a wonderful camera, it also did not have the sensor issue, a IR filter solved the other problem. Enjoy.

7. lenshacker says:

The M8 is better than ever, using M8RAW2DNG. The CCD in the M8 has higher dynamic range than that in the M9, an extra 3dB. The 1/8000th top shutter speed is enough reason to hold onto one after getting the M9 and M Monochrom.