Pier to Nowhere.

“Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever… it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people’s hats off–then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can.”

Herman Melville, Moby-Dick; or, The Whale.

Pier to Nowhere

15 thoughts on “Pier to Nowhere.

1. bijansabet says:

This is wonderful, Peter.

-bijan

2. Rino Jasper says:

I agree

3. Henry says:

My kind of zen, Peter. Very nice.

Beautiful!

It is nice to see you newly re-inspired with the Autocord. Congratulations!

-M.

5. jkjod says:

Man I can’t wait to see the rest of this series. The last two have been absolutely fantastic.

• Thank you Jordan. This one shot made me head out Into the darkness on a Saturday morning to be at the pier just as the sun was rising. I took a few other shots on the beach when I first arrived and quickly realized that I had used up 11 of my 12 frames of film! So I had one chance at this scene and this is the image I got. It has to suffice because I’m not planning on heading out into the cold any time soon.

6. Linden says:

Wonderful picture.

7. This looks like a spot I love on the west coast, love the image and the narrative

8. G.A. says:

“It’s out there at the sea that you are really yourself.”
    Vito Dumas