Untitled.

(please click on the image to view)

↑Leica M2, Kodak Tri-X 400, and Leica 50mm Summilux ASPH @ f/1.4

This photo was chosen as a Leica Fotografie International (LFI) Master Shot.

13 thoughts on “Untitled.

1. hughf says:

Très Cher Peter,

Your Portrait of this Beautifull Woman is just outstanding…
    Oh my God ! This Glance…So Deep and expressive .
    My Best to You and Yours .

Hugues.

2. Trevor says:

Beautiful image, Peter.

3. Cadder says:

To be quite honest with you Peter, I don’t like this one. It is a very good photograph, but “I have been there too often” to find this anything but disturbing.

Regards,

Cadder

4. Lucy says:

Fantastic indeed..Film rocks!

5. Jo Madasi says:

Hi Peter, I have been following you on this website for quite some time. It’s great. Keep on the good work.

As for the shot it is absolutely fabulous. The composition, the exposure/lighting, the glance, everything combines for a perfect shot. I suppose it is the same lady as your other master shot of the old lady’s hands crossed over her head (?).

Peter, I noticed on the top of the photo some horizontal scratches. On the GLOW photo of your kid I also noticed some at the right bottom. I also shoot film (camera MP) and have also noticed after scanning my negatives that scratches (most of the time horizontal) appear on the pictures. I don’t know if it is the camera itself that makes this scratches on the film when I advance the film (or when i rewind) or whether it is during development (I use an external lab, i don’t do development myself). What do you think is the most plausible cause of these scratches?

• Prosophos says:

Thanks Jo, that’s very kind of you.

The horizontal lines are definitely scratches. They’re probably arising from within the M2, because I develop my own negatives and I DON’T wipe them dry in the final stage (to avoid scratches :)). If anybody has other ideas as to how they are being created, I’d be interested in hearing them.

I used to try to post-process the scratches out, but now I accept them as part of the film “experience”…

• Jo Madasi says:

Thanks Peter.
        It would be annoying if it were true that the scratches are arising from within the camera. I will try with my Yashica T5D (a motor-driven camera) for a while, using the same lab and see whether there are still scratches.
        Best